I have crosschecked all of the 3 candidates and none of them seems to qualify - so far for varies reasons (but this could change when some comments are given, see my comments there) - for the administrator role. This all does NOT reflect good on UG-Wikipedia. Can someone please create a page where people can see what is needed to apply for custodianship (e.g. certain amount of edits, motivation letter why to become admin, goals for the future in this Wikipedia, email set up at the Wikipedia account for emergency, ... ) ? see e.g. here en:Wikipedia:Requests for adminship how it could look like. And if such a page is already existing, please write it at top of the page, so users know at begin who can apply and who not.
This saves time for the applying person and for the persons voting later. --Erkan Yilmaz 10:38, 11 9-Ay 2007 (UTC)
- Also I would like to have set up some kind of mentorship, which is very crucial, since so far this Wikipedia has no custodian(s) at all. This will help the new custodian(s) how to fullfil his/her tasks better. Normally mentoring time is about 4 weeks. And after that there is reevaluated again by the community, if the candidate fulfilled the tasks for the GOOD of Wikipedia. --Erkan Yilmaz 10:54, 11 9-Ay 2007 (UTC)
- As far as I know, this "mentorship" should not be made a criteria for becoming administrator on any Wikipedia project. All of started out as beginners. In my opinion, as long as the User is a native speaker, has made over 100 productive edits and abides with Wikipedia principles of Good faith, neutrality, free content, respect for other users, hospitality, and competency in his/her own language etc, then they qualify to become a temporary administrator. Once they have become more familiar with the Wikpedia functions, then they will qualify to be long-term administrators. --Jose77 03:18, 25 9-Ay 2007 (UTC)
- Most of the things you say can also be done without being administrator. Since the admin has access to tools which are powerful (block, delete, ...) this should be given in the hand of responsible persons. And excuse me but trust must be build with more than just 100 or another number of edits. I do not know Barat personally (sorry Barat, I am just taking as example).
- Also: you can take other wikis as example. If it works there good, why should we not try it like that ? What would the probationary admin lose when being under mentorship ? He still does the same things and has as advantage someone to ask. Wiki is about participation. And we should give the community as long as possible the possibility to participate. Also for this topic about mentorship. Let's see what the community thinks.
- Of course it would cost someone to mentor, but as I see from the "recent changes" there is not so much happening here, so this could be to minimum effort.
- Again, making the discussion more open somewhere on the Mediawiki:Sitenotice to get more peoples opinions. I will ask a steward to do this. ----Erkan Yilmaz (my talk page, wiki blog) 18:52, 25 9-Ay 2007 (UTC)
- Such proposals would only be feasible on the large Wikipedias such as en, de, fr, ed, ru, ja, zh etc because there are plenty of "mentors" willing to help.
Also, you can also take the other wikis as examples: None of the admins on Kazakh , Kirghiz, Tajik, Uzbek and other Turkic Wikipedias ever needed mentors because they are smart enough to figure out the wikipedia functions themselves. The Turkic Peoples, including the Uyghurs, are a highly Civilized, intelligent and cultured people whose written history spans for hundreds of years. They do not need mentoring from Europeans. --Jose77 05:14, 26 9-Ay 2007 (UTC)
- If you write here what you want me to put at sitenotice, I will. At everybody's service: Drini 21:18, 25 9-Ay 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you Drini.
- Jose77, it is not about me telling people are not intelligent. If you got this impression I clearly state this, so there is no misunderstanding.
- Could you please write the Sitenotice message in the local language ? IF the Sitenotice is visible, more people will participate in the discussion.
- About the functions: it is not about getting to know the functions, it is about getting to know the "way of wiki". And this normally only someone will know with more time and involvement with users. Why should we let someone alone with the mighty functions when he could get help/advice ?
- Please remember, you invited me here to participate. We just talk, there is no decision made by the community yet, since only we both are discussing. Wiki is by all members not only 2. ----Erkan Yilmaz (my talk page, wiki blog) 19:42, 26 9-Ay 2007 (UTC)
How to get more attention from the members for the admin votingتەھرىر
I have seen that the request to become admin was written at 05:16, 7 March 2007 in the community portal Tor Jamiyeti. To increase awareness, please edit the MediaWiki:Sitenotice. Then the news is displayed at every page at the top. --Erkan Yilmaz 18:10, 11 9-Ay 2007 (UTC)
- I have also edited the welcome template  - can someone perhaps translate it into Uighur language ? Thx, --Erkan Yilmaz 18:33, 11 9-Ay 2007 (UTC)
Not navi speaker, bus studying the UG lang. How about me?188.8.131.52 20:40, 13 11-Ay 2008 (UTC)